Cloud security refers to the set of policies, technologies, and controls implemented to protect data, applications, and infrastructure associated with cloud computing. The increasing adoption of cloud services has brought significant benefits to organizations, such as cost savings, scalability, and flexibility, but has also raised new security challenges. Therefore, cloud security has become a serious concern today.
This article entitled Cloud Security: Check Your Skills to Become a Cloud Security Engineer will help you understand the concept in detail. Therefore, we have prepared a checklist for you to see if you have the following skills required to become an efficient cloud security engineer. Hence, keep reading the article till the end to understand your understanding better.
- Security skills to secure your cloud infrastructure using security controls such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Skills to implement identity and access management (IAM) to control access to cloud resources and limit actions that can get performed.
- Skills to use encryption to protect data in transit and at rest.
- Skills to work with security solutions such as data loss prevention (DLP) and threat detection/response.
- Skills to utilize cloud security monitoring and logging tools to detect and respond to security incidents in real-time.
- Skills to regularly review and update security controls to align with the latest security best practices and threats.
- Skills to test security controls to ensure they are functioning correctly.
- Skills to keep software and systems updated with the latest security patches and updates.
- Skills to have an incident response plan in place.
- Skills to review legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Skills to use multi-factor authentication (MFA) for all users and administrators.
- Skills to implement network segmentation to limit the lateral movement of attackers.
- Skills to use a next-generation firewall to protect against network-based attacks.
- Skills to use a web application firewall (WAF) to protect web applications.
- Skills to use a cloud access security broker (CASB) to manage and secure cloud services.
- Skills required to use security information and event management (SIEM) to consolidate and analyze log data.
- Skills to use a vulnerability management solution to identify and remediate vulnerabilities.
- Skills to use a security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) solution to improve incident response.
- Skills to use a cloud workload protection platform (CWPP) to secure workloads running in the cloud.
- Skills to use a cloud security posture management (CSPM) solution to monitor and enforce security policies.
- Skills to use a cloud-native security solution to protect against cloud-specific threats.
- Skills to use a zero-trust security model to limit access to resources.
- Skills to use a cloud-based disaster recovery solution to ensure business continuity.
- Skills required to perform penetration testing and red teaming to identify and remediate vulnerabilities.
- Skills required to maintain Cloud Security postures.
What if I lack any cloud security engineering skills?
If you lack any cloud security engineering skills, you can join the best Cloud computing courses to learn the best in the domain. Innumerable highly-paying jobs are available in the IT industry. A few of them are-
- Cloud Engineer
- Cloud Solutions Architect
- Cloud Security Engineer
- Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Cloud Security Engineer
- Cloud Network Engineer
- Microsoft Engineer
- Cloud Database Administrator
- Cloud Data Engineer
- Cloud Data Scientist
- And much more.
And your salary packages can range hugely in different countries. For instance-
- United States: $115,000 to $150,000
- United Kingdom: £55,000 to £85,000
- Canada: CAD 80,000 to CAD 120,000
- Australia: AUD 90,000 to AUD 140,000
- Germany: €70,000 to €100,000
- France: €65,000 to €85,000
- Sweden: SEK 800,000 to SEK 1,200,000
- Switzerland: CHF 80,000 to CHF 120,000
- Japan: ¥8,000,000 to ¥12,000,000
- South Korea: ₩70,000,000 to ₩100,000,000
- Singapore: SGD 90,000 to SGD 140,000
- China: ¥400,000 to ¥700,000
- India: INR 5,000,000 to INR 8,000,000
- Brazil: BRL 80,000 to BRL 120,000
- Russia: RUB 4,000,000 to RUB 6,000,000
- Saudi Arabia: SAR 300,000 to SAR 450,000
- South Africa: ZAR 500,000 to ZAR 700,000
Where to get the skills I lack?
Network Kings has set its boundaries globally. Therefore join top Cloud Computing courses to become job-ready and earn huge in the industry. At Network Kings, you will learn directly from real-time industry engineers and get 24-hour access to the world’s biggest virtual labs with zero downtime.
The live sessions are student-oriented, and also the enrolled students get the chance to get 1:1 career-related mentorship from our industry experts along with free demo classes. The top cloud computing courses offered here are as follows-
Get all the mandatory skills to upgrade yourself in the cloud industry and become an efficient cloud security engineer. Enroll today to get a free demo on cloud computing courses worth $60 from real-time industry experts.
Feel free to write to us for more details, and also, any feedback from your side is warmly welcome.