In a world full of technologies, everyone wants to upgrade their knowledge and wishes for a bright future in their respective fields. Similarly, an individual aspiring to become a network engineer requires a comprehensive guide to the basic networking courses available in IT. Therefore, they can refer to this blog for the CCNA course details.
An individual starts a career by completing basic education and planning the future. But, is just having a degree in hand, enough to get a job with a high salary? Well, the answer is “No”. Skills play a vital role in every industry which a student chooses for a career. Skills based on one’s field of industry add value and strengthen their profile for the job in the market.
If we talk about the field of engineering, advanced technical skills with communication and analytical skills are some of the most important skills required to become a professional engineer in the industry.
“The Key To Learning Great Skills Is To Pay Attention” – Mike Desert
What is CCNA?
CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), offered by Cisco, is an in-demand course which provides technical knowledge on the key aspects of networking to students. It is a globally recognised certified course which helps to increase your profile value in the IT or networking industry.
What is the importance of CCNA?
CCNA is one of the popular courses in the networking field which provides in-depth knowledge to the students. The importance of CCNA is justified by its worldwide certificate recognition. A candidate after getting CCNA certified, gets a comprehension of the technical aspects related to the fundamentals of networking, IP Connectivity, IP Services, etc.
Is there any demand for CCNA in the IT Industry?
The demand for the CCNA certification is very high in the IT industry. Students with CCNA certificates get high salary offers which usually start with 4+ LPA. Therefore, one can imagine the growth of a candidate after getting CCNA certified.
How to prepare for the CCNA exam?
CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) is one of the renowned certification courses offered by Cisco. To begin preparing for the CCNA exam, one should get basic information and knowledge about the purpose and process of the Cisco Certified Network Associate exam. A candidate needs to understand the cycle of this entrance-level technical examination. Therefore, given below is the systematic process which a candidate should follow to prepare for this exam:-
Information -> Knowledge -> Planning -> Preparation -> Appearing -> Result
- Obtain information and gain knowledge about the CCNA exam
- Start preparing for the exam by choosing a right mentor
- Work hard to clear the CCNA and try to score at least 82.5% on the exam
- Appear for the exam with confidence and full preparation.
Before starting to prepare for the CCNA exam, you need to check the eligibility criteria required for the same.
What are the eligibility criteria to apply for the CCNA exam?
Given below are the required eligibility criteria to apply for the CCNA exam:-
- A candidate should have a basic knowledge of Networking
- A candidate should also have a basic understanding of the fundamentals of IP addressing
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in Networking is required to apply for the exam
- A candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in the field of Engineering
Now let’s have a look at the exam details of the CCNA exam which a candidate needs to know before applying for the exam-
Exam Code 200-301 CCNA
Exam Duration 120 minutes
Types of Questions MCQs and Multiple Response Based
Total no. of Questions 120
Passing Marks 825 out of 1000
Language English and Japanese
Moreover, after getting CCNA certified, which has a validity of three years, a candidate can recertify the certificate before the expiry date of the certificate.
How to choose the right learning path for CCNA preparation?
One of the most important steps to prepare for the CCNA exam is to choose the right career expert who provides the factual details of the course and makes learning an easy process for the students. The top-ranked ed-tech platform for preparing for the CCNA exam is Network Kings.
Network Kings provides live interactive sessions with pre-recorded videos to their students and has the option of a virtual lab which helps aspirants to get hands-on industry experience easily.
Master the Networking Realm: Unveiling the CCNA Course Details
CCNA course consists of six modules which are as follows-
- Networking Fundamentals:- In the first module of the CCNA course, you will learn about the Network Components, Network Topology Architecture, Comparison between TCP and UDP, IPv4 and IPv6 Addressing, Comparison between the IPv6 Addressing types and will understand the concepts of Switching.
- Network Access:- In the second module, a candidate will learn about the concepts of Multiple Switching, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and the components of WLAN.
- IP Connectivity:- In the third module, you will learn about the Routing Table, Router, Static Routing, OSPF(v2)
- Internet Protocol (IP Services):- In the fourth module of the CCNA course, a candidate will learn about the concepts of Network Address Translation (NAT), Network Time Protocol (NTP), DHCP and DNS, SNMP and Syslog, TFTP and FTP.
- Security Fundamentals:- In the Security Fundamentals module of the CCNA exam, you will learn about the Key Concepts of Security, Security Program Elements, Virtual Private Networks |(VPNs), Security Features, and Wireless Security Protocols.
- Automation and Programmability:- In the last module of the CCNA exam, an aspirant of CCNA exam will learn about the following concepts:
- Controlled-based and Software-defined architectures
- Device Management
- Configuration Management
Tips and Strategies to Crack the CCNA Exam
Given below are some of the most important valuable tips and strategies which can help a candidate to clear the CCNA exam-
- A candidate should consult a professional career consultant to get training for the CCNA exam.
- One should study immensely hard to crack the CCNA examination.
- To test your learning, one must practice mock tests before appearing for the final CCNA exam.
- Both theoretical revision and practical revision are important to crack the exam. Therefore, one must focus on obtaining both the skills during the course and exam preparation.
- Practice managing time, as a candidate has just 1 minute to attempt each question. As the CCNa exam consists of 120 questions and the duration to attempt the same is also 120 minutes.
- Key tips:- Never leave a question unanswered in the exam, as there is no negative marking. Therefore, always try to answer all the given questions very carefully.
- Unfortunately, if a candidate fails to clear the exam on the first attempt then, re-appear for the exam again.
CCNA or Cisco Certified Network Associate exam is a highly technical certified exam which boosts the value of a student in the Networking and IT industry. Preparation and career guidance play an important role in the whole process of the CCNA exam. Therefore, with proper guidance and hard work, it is easy to crack the CCNA exam in just the first exam.
“Hard work Always Pays Off” – Ray Bradbury