The Cybersecurity industry is growing at a tremendous rate. It has been estimated that over 3.5 million job postings are left unfilled because of the unparalleled gap. The number of jobs in cybersecurity is brimming however, there are not many professionals to apply for them.
You can now imagine the grave need for cybersecurity professionals in the industry—no wonder cybersecurity professionals are among the highest-paid tech professionals.
If you want to step into the cybersecurity domain, you can apply to beginner-level cybersecurity jobs. You can then gradually advance your way into the industry. This is the most convenient method of starting a career in cybersecurity.
Yet, there are a lot of aspiring cybersecurity professionals who are already working in a technical domain as Network engineers. Even they can easily shift their careers into cybersecurity by directly choosing the Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH v11) certification or any CompTIA certification.
Now, let’s see what are the top highest-paid jobs in the cybersecurity domain! Let’s begin with a list of 6 unique job profiles in the cybersecurity industry.
Here, are the Top most desired Cybersecurity Job Positions that are thriving Across the Nation.
1. IT Security Analyst:
This cybersecurity position is suitable for all those candidates who are just starting out in the cybersecurity domain. The role of an IT Security Analyst is mainly to create and impact certain IT systems. This role quite often brings them closer to a Systems Analyst role.
On a daily basis, an IT Security Analyst has to implement, design, debug/troubleshoot or optimize specific systems in an organization.
What kind of candidates is this role best for?
- The IT Security Analyst role is a job position that includes both the technical and business sides. He has to understand the business side and its need.
- He also has to understand what are the technical requirements. He works his way through the information systems a company needs.
So, if you’re someone who is also interested in the business aspect, this cybersecurity role is for you.
The average salary of an IT Security Analyst is anywhere between Rs.5 LPA to Rs.10 LPA at the beginning.
2. Ethical Hacker:
This is one of the most interesting job roles in the cybersecurity industry. Most aspiring cybersecurity candidates want to become Ethical Hackers. Let’s see what’s the role of an Ethical Hacker.
The role of an Ethical Hacker is to identify and exploit the vulnerabilities of a system in a similar way as that of a hacker! The only difference is that an ethical hacker hacks into a system through legal ways.
In other words, we can say that Ethical Hackers are Network Security Consultants following similar techniques as that a hacker. They are also known as White Hat Hackers.
What are the roles and responsibilities of an Ethical Hacker?
The following are the roles and responsibilities of an Ethical Hacker:
- He scans an organization’s network for vulnerabilities and exploits them before any outside breach. Then he pens down the test results.
- He also designs new penetration tools and software for testing and probing the network.
An Ethical Hacker can make around Rs. 5 LPA and it can go upto Rs. 40 LPA!
3. Cybersecurity Engineer:
Cybersecurity Engineer is one of the most reputed job roles in the cybersecurity industry. The growth aspects of this role are many. As a Cybersecurity Engineer, it is your role to help design and implement techniques to safeguard an organization’s cyberspace.
What are the roles and responsibilities of a Cybersecurity Engineer?
The following are the roles and responsibilities of a Cybersecurity Engineer:
- A cybersecurity engineer tests and monitors systems on a daily basis. He then troubleshoots security and network problems.
- He also makes sure that the organization’s data and infrastructure are protected by allowing appropriate security controls.
The average salary of a Cybersecurity Engineer is Rs.6.1 LPA. It can go upto Rs.18.2 LPA.
4. Senior Security Consultant:
A Senior Security Consultant protects an organization’s network by conducting regular assessments. He is an IT expert who specializes in building security protocols and systems to safeguard a company’s data and network.
What are the roles and responsibilities of a Senior Security Consultant?
The following are the roles and responsibilities of a Senior Security Consultant:
- He carries out tests to check the vulnerabilities, strengths and weaknesses of a system.
- He guides various information technology teams in choosing the right IT solutions such as new tools or techniques.
The average salary of a Senior Security Consultant is Rs.12 LPA. This role is in demand as well.
5. SOC Engineer:
A Security Operations Center (SOC) Engineer is a cybersecurity professional who is responsible for enterprise cybersecurity. He uses technical knowledge of a large number of security technologies in order to analyze and respond to security threats.
What are the roles and responsibilities of a SOC Engineer?
The following are the roles and responsibilities of a SOC Engineer:
- A SOC Engineer addresses support-based client configuration issues and alerts.
- He is also responsible for handling incoming client issues.
The average salary of a SOC Engineer is Rs. 5 LPA. You can earn anywhere between Rs. 2.1 LPA to Rs. 12 LPA.
6. Chief Information Security Officer (CISO):
Chief Information Security Officer is the highest-paid cybersecurity professional in the industry. A Chief Information Security Officer is a senior-level officer in an organization. Their duty is to make sure that the information is safe.
What are the roles and responsibilities of a CISO Engineer?
The following are the roles and responsibilities of a CISO Engineer:
- He develops, implements and maintains security programs in an organization.
- He carries out interactions with stakeholders to help them understand the bothering points with respect to information security.
The average salary of a CISO is Rs. 35 LPA. It can go as high as Rs. 80 LPA.
Now you know, Cybersecurity is a very lucrative domain to excel in. You can experience tremendous career growth as a Cybersecurity professional. The number of jobs in cybersecurity is growing at a very fast pace.
No matter what profession you’re in right now, you can always start your cybersecurity career right from the basics. Thanks to all the certifications available.