CCNP Security, or Cisco Certified Network Professional Security, is a professional-level certification by Cisco designed for network security engineers who want to demonstrate their expertise in securing Cisco networks.
This blog will familiarize you with CCNP Security concepts. Therefore, keep reading the blog to understand the Cisco CCNP Security course in detail.
CCNP Security is a professional-level certification demonstrating an individual’s skills and knowledge in designing, implementing, and managing secure Cisco networks. It covers security technologies, including network access control, firewall, VPN, intrusion prevention, and content security.
Why is the Cisco CCNP Security program important?
With the increasing number of cyber threats, organizations need professionals to secure their networks from unauthorized access, data breaches, and other security threats. CCNP Security certification validates an individual’s skills and knowledge in network security, making them more valuable to potential employers. It also demonstrates a commitment to professional development and a willingness to stay up-to-date with the latest security technologies.
What is the scope of the Cisco CCNP Security certification?
The scope of the Cisco CCNP Security certification is bright and promising since the network security professionals are responsible for implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Cisco network security solutions. Candidates should have a strong understanding of network security concepts and technologies and experience working with Cisco solutions.
What are the benefits of learning the Cisco CCNP Security course?
- Recognition and validation of skills and knowledge in network security
- Improved career opportunities and potential for higher salaries
- Access to advanced security technologies and best practices
- Membership in the Cisco Learning Network community
- Opportunities for professional development and continued learning
What skills can I learn with CCNP Security training?
The skills one can learn with CCNP Security training are as follows-
- Network Security Concepts
- VPN Technologies
- Firewalls and IPS/IDS
- Secure Network Access
- Secure Routing and Switching
- Endpoint Security
- Web and Email Security
- Network Infrastructure Security
- Security Incident Response
- Security Policy and Management
Is Cisco CCNP Security certification worth it?
The Cisco CCNP Security certification is worth it in the future since it validates the knowledge and skills required to secure Cisco networks, including implementing and maintaining security technologies, troubleshooting security incidents, and designing secure network architectures.
Where can I learn CCNP Security?
Learning the Cisco CCNP Security can be easy if you enroll at the right platform, and one such platform is Network Kings.
Network Kings is an online ed-tech platform providing quality education based on student-oriented training where you will learn directly from the engineers.
What is the curriculum for the CCNP Security course?
The curriculum for the CCNP Security course is as follows-
- Threats against on-premises and cloud environments.
- Software bugs, weak or hardcoded passwords, SQL injection, missing encryption, buffer overflow, path traversal, and cross-site scripting/forgery.
- Functions of the cryptography – hashing, encryption, PKI, SSL, IPsec, NAT-T IPv4 for IPsec, pre-shared key and certificate-based authorization.
- Site-to-site VPNs and remote access VPN deployment types – sVTI, IPsec, Cryptomap, DMVPN, FLEXVPN, and AnyConnect.
- Security intelligence authoring, sharing, and consumption.
- Deployment models – network security solutions and architectures that provide intrusion prevention and firewall capabilities.
- NetFlow and Flexible NetFlow
- Network infrastructure security methods (router, switch, wireless)
- AVC, URL filtering, and malware protection.
- Intrusion prevention and perimeter security (Single vs multi-device manager, in-band, out-of-band, CDP, DNS, SCP, SFTP, and DHCP security and risks)
- AAA authentication and authorization, TACACS+, RADIUS and RADIUS flows, accounting, and dACL
- Secure device management, SNMPv3, views, groups, users, authentication, encryption, secure logging, and NTP with authentication
Securing the Cloud
- Security solutions for cloud environments
- DevSecOps (CI/CD pipeline, container orchestration, and security
- Cloud logging and monitoring methodologies
- Application and workload security concepts
- Traffic redirection and capture methods
- Web proxy identity and transparent user identification.
- SPAM filtering, antimalware filtering, DLP, and email encryption.
- Internet gateway and web security features
- Cisco Umbrella.
- Cisco Umbrella identities, URL content settings, destination lists, and reporting
Endpoint Protection and Detection
- Outbreak control and quarantines to limit infection
- Endpoint-based security.
- Importance of an endpoint patching strategy.
Secure Network Access, Visibility and Enforcement
- Network access with CoA.
- Benefits of device compliance and application control.
- Benefits of network telemetry.
What are the exam details of the Cisco CCNP Security course?
The exam details of the Cisco CCNP Security course are as follows-
- Network access control
- Firewall technologies
- VPN technologies
- Intrusion prevention
- Content security
- Security management
- Threat control
Since CCNP Security comprises two exams (concentration + core), Network Kings helps you master the following exam-
- Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR)
Exam Name: Implementing Cisco Enterprise Network Core Technologies
Exam Cost: USD 400
Exam Format: Multiple Choice
Total Questions: 120 Questions
Passing Score: 849 out of 1000
Exam Duration: 2 Hours (120 Minutes)
Testing Center: Pearson Vue
What are the job prospects after clearing the CCNP Security exam?
The job prospects after clearing the CCNP Security exam are as follows-
- Network Security Engineer
- Information Security Analyst
- Cybersecurity Consultant
- Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
- Penetration Tester
- Network Security Administrator
- Security Architect
- Security Consultant
- Network Engineer
- Network Security Specialist
- Network Consultant
- Security Software Developer
- IT Security Manager
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- Security Analyst
- Security Engineer
- Security Administrator
- Security Auditor
- Incident Response Analyst
- Security Trainer
What is the salary package after CCNP Security training?
The salary package after CCNP Security training in different countries is as follows-
- United States – $75,000 to $120,000 per year
- United Kingdom – £30,000 to £55,000 per year
- Canada – CAD 60,000 to CAD 90,000 per year
- Australia – AUD 70,000 to AUD 110,000 per year
- Germany – €50,000 to €80,000 per year
- France – €40,000 to €65,000 per year
- Switzerland – CHF 90,000 to CHF 120,000 per year
- Singapore – SGD 50,000 to SGD 90,000 per year
- Hong Kong – HKD 300,000 to HKD 600,000 per year
- Japan – JPY 5,000,000 to JPY 8,000,000 per year
- South Korea – KRW 30,000,000 to KRW 60,000,000 per year
- India – INR 300,000 to INR 800,000 per year
- China – CNY 150,000 to CNY 350,000 per year
- Brazil – BRL 60,000 to BRL 100,000 per year
- South Africa – ZAR 200,000 to ZAR 500,000 per year
CCNP Security certification validates skills and knowledge in advanced security technologies leading to several career opportunities. By following effective study habits and utilizing training and resources, candidates can increase their chances of passing the CCNP Security exam and advancing their careers in network security.
Hence, do not hesitate to write to us regarding your queries; we will serve you.
1 thought on “A Guide To Master Cisco CCNP Security Course”