Master of Computer Applications (MCA) is one of the most adopted Computer Science courses. This professional master’s degree program focuses on learning the latest programming languages such as Java, Python, etc., and tools to develop websites/applications.
You also learn how to code, manage databases and build websites in the MCA degree. Since you get all these excellent skills after the MCA master’s program, you can go for many different online courses after MCA.
This blog will discuss the best online courses to pursue after an MCA degree. This list is specially made by keeping in mind the skills of an MCA postgraduate!
Without further ado, let’s begin with different courses after MCA that a graduate can do.
1. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA):
CCNA is the best certification to kickstart your career in the networking domain. If you want to become a Network Engineer, CCNA is the best networking certification to opt for.
The following topics are covered in the CCNA course:
- Network fundamentals
- Routing protocols
- Switching technologies
- Subnet masks and subnetting
- IP connectivity
- Automation and programmability
- Network access
- Network security
You can become an entry-level Network Engineer with CCNA. Other job roles include:
- Network Administrator
- Desktop Support Engineer
- Help Desk Technician
- Entry-level Network Engineer
Average annual salary: Rs. 6 LPA
You can start your CCNA learning journey with top-notch Network Engineers here. Experience the world’s biggest Cisco labs!
2. AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate:
You can showcase your technical hold across AWS services with the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate. This certification helps you build a strong understanding of AWS Well-Architected Framework.
If you’re interested in entering the cloud computing industry, AWS Certified Solutions is the best associate certification, to begin with.
The following topics are covered in the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate course:
- Design secure access to AWS resources
- Design secure workloads and applications
- Determine appropriate data security controls
- Design scalable, highly available and loosely-coupled architectures
- Design high-performing and elastic compute solutions
- Determine high-performing data ingestion and transformation solutions
- Design cost-optimized storage solutions
You can open the door to becoming an AWS Solutions Architect after qualifying for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (SAA-C03) exam.
Average annual salary: Rs. 8.8 Lakhs
You can start your AWS Solutions Architect journey with us through highly experienced Cloud Engineers here.
3. Web Development and Design:
Web development and design have been one of the most sought-after career paths after MCA or BCA. A web developer builds and maintains websites. He looks after all the technical aspects of a website such as its speed, traffic and performance.
A web designer, on the other hand, is responsible for planning, building and coding websites/webpages including sound, pictures, videos, etc. He is responsible for creating the design and layout of a website.
The following are the most important topics to cover in web development and design:
- Basics of web designing
- Web technologies
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Flash
- Parallax/infinite scrolling
- Git and GitHub
- Browser DevTools
- MVC (Model, View, Controller)
- Programming languages
- DevOps and deployment
You can either become a web developer or a web designer. If you’re interested to do both, you can become a web developer and designer!
Average annual salary: Rs. 3.4 LPA
4. Software Development course:
Software development is the most popular career choice after MCA. A software developer designs, codes, builds and runs software using his skillsets. He has to be skilled enough to build a reliable website.
Many companies bulk hire software developers such as TCS, Infosys, etc. Make sure you keep an eye on these recruiters. Software development requires coding, unlike a Network Engineer.
The following important topics are covered in a software development course:
- A programming language such as Python, Java, Ruby, Scala, Swift, C++, etc.
- Data structures and algorithms (DSA)
- object-oriented design
- Databases such as DynamoDB, MySQL, etc.
- Distributed computing
- Operating systems
- Internet topics such as TCP/IP, socket connections and DNS
- General machine learning and artificial intelligence
You can take up online software development courses after the completion of MCA. Software development is here to stay!
Average annual salary: Rs. 5.3 Lakhs
5. Data Engineer course:
Data Engineering is indeed the hottest job of the year! Tons of data is generated every day. This only indicates that the career opportunities for Data Engineers are only going to increase!
A Data Engineer works with raw data and transforms it in order to present it to the stakeholders. He mostly works on creating a pipeline with the data. He designs and builds systems for collecting, storing and analyzing data at a scale.
The following topics are covered in the Data Engineer course:
- Introduction to Data Engineering
- Programming language knowledge such as Python
- Knowledge of Operating Systems
- In-depth knowledge of databases such as NoSQL, SQL
- Data warehousing – Hadoop, HIVE, PIG, Apache Spark, Kafka, MapReduce, etc.
- Basics of machine learning
You can get the following job roles after completing the Data Engineer course:
- Data Architect
- Database Administrator
- Data Engineer
Average annual salary: Rs. 8.2 Lakhs
6. Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) v11:
The Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) v11 course is the best course out there to learn about ethical hacking. If you want to kickstart your career in the cybersecurity industry, the CEH v11 is the best course to opt for!
A Certified Ethical Hacker is a skilled cybersecurity professional who checks for vulnerabilities and problems in a target system. The CEH course trains you to find any malicious hacking activity before it can crash a system.
The following topics are covered in a CEH v11 course:
- Introduction to information security and ethical hacking
- Reconnaissance techniques
- System hacking phases and attack techniques
- Network and perimeter hacking
- Web application hacking
- Wireless network hacking
- Mobile platform, IoT, and OT hacking
- Cloud computing
You can open the doors to get the following job roles in the cybersecurity industry after completing the CEH v11 course:
- Network Security Engineer
- Ethical Hacker
- Computer Forensics Investigator
- Security Auditor
- Data Security Analyst
- Information Security Officer
- Vulnerability Analyst
- Junior Penetration Tester
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
Average annual salary: Rs. 5 LPA
If you want to become a Certified Ethical Hacker or you want to kickstart your career in the cybersecurity industry after MCA, you can get trained by top-notch Cybersecurity Engineers with over 12 years of experience in the industry!
To know more, tap here.
It’s a Wrap!
You can always switch your career paths whenever you want to! I’ve laid down the list of the top most trending online courses after MCA.
You can pursue any of the courses based on your area of interest. You can choose a niche after an MCA degree and become a professional in that particular field. If you’re interested in networking/cybersecurity and/or cloud computing courses, you can check out our courses on our home page.
The IT industry is filling up with unlimited job opportunities. It is very important to keep an eye on them.