Hi welcome to network kings, this tutorial is to connecting two lans in different locations, so suppose you have two locations or you can say two switches and connected to one ISP ( CISCO router )
First Connect both the switches with Cisco Router.
1. Chandigarh Branch ?Gateway ip address 192.168.1.100
2. Gurgaon Branch Gateway ip address 192.168.5.100
3. Chandigarh Lan Subnet 192.168.1.0/24
4. Gurgaon Lan Subnet 192.168.20/24
Now in 1st image i am configuring ip address to PC’s
In 2nd image the most important one is to configure router interafaces
int fa1/0 i am giving 192.168.1.100 chandigarh gateway
on fa0/0 i am giving 192.168.5.100 gurgaon gateway
in 3rd image you can see we can able to ping from chandigarh pc to Gurgaon PC.
Thanks & Share .
This Tutorial is to connect two different PC in Packet tracer, If you are not familiar with OSI model basics, go to our CCNA OSI Model video on youtube ” OSI network kings ” ,
SO for example
Pc1 ———————————connected to —————————-PC2
pc1 – 192.168.1.1
pc2 – 192.168.1.2
Points to Remember,
1. You can only assign Class A, Class B, Class C ?ip address.
2. Range between 1 – 229
3. You cannot assign all host value 0 , and 1 too, It means you cannot assign Network ID and broadcast ip address.