Web Development has gained global popularity as the world is shifting to technology for everything. And, if by any chance you are new to Web Developing, you must be familiar with Front-end Developer and Back-end Developer as both are Web Developing‘s prominent areas of specialization.
To get an insight into the tech world as a Front-end Developer or Back-end Developer, keep reading the blog till the end.
What is Web Development? Who is a Web Developer? Why Web Development?
Whenever it comes to Web Developers, the first thing that comes to mind is their high salary. The creativity and level of expertise they carry are inexpressible. Even if it is an exquisite website, a high-yielding e-commerce site, or any other web-based application, it’s the creation of a Web Developer.
Web Development refers to making a website or its non-design aspects using scripting languages on the Internet. Web Developers focus on the technical elements of a website (Architecture, Programming, Application Integration, and Graphics).
A Web Developer is responsible for-
- Creating and sustaining websites and other web applications
- Converting a web design into a website
- Comprehending the vision to collaborate with clients, stakeholders, and designers
- Specializing in either Front-end or Back-end Web Development
Web Development comprises Front-end Development and Back-end Development, and when the two adjoins, it is called Fullstack Development. It deals with everything related to a website.
What are the mandatory skills for a Web Developer?
The skills that are considered mandatory for a Web Developer are as follows-
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Knowledge of CSS
- Fundamental knowledge of Tools required
- Expertise in Debugging
- In-depth understanding of GIT (Code Versioning)
- Basic graphic designing
- Knowledge of Databases
- Experience in Working with Hosting (Publishing website)
- Libraries and Frameworks
- DevOps and Deployment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Logical reasoning
- Extensive Arithmetic Skills
- Strong communication skills
- A patient listener
- Attention to Detail
- Curiosity to Learn
- Excellent research skills
- Time Management
What is the need for Web Development in the IT world?
The requirement for Web Development in the IT world is advancing as it is becoming an imperative element of marketing strategies. It has become a key to establish a successful online presence of something. Even the business world is expanding with the help of Web Developing and earning new heights globally.
Primarily, Web Development is necessary to:
- Establish communication with the visitors
- Improve connectivity for expanding the business
- Prove reliability for attracting more audience
What is Front-end Development?
Front-end Development contains everything that users see in their browsers and application. It refers to a speciality concentrating on a web page, software package, or web application where a user mainly interacts.
Commonly known as client-side development, Front-end Development refers to anything a user interacts with on a webpage or application like images, themes, graphs, buttons, text, tables, and a variety of other on-page graphical components.
Front-end Developers are accountable for the countenance and sense of a website.
The Front-end Developer codes and brings the elements of a website to life by focusing on what the user sees on opening it. Website navigation, layouts, animation, and button handling that enhance the visuals of a website are the leading tasks of a Front-end Developer as they look out for the styling and improvising of the user interface.
What is Back-end Development?
Back-end Development directs to the server side of an application and everything that transmits between the database and the browser. It refers to the server side of a website to focus on its functioning.
Commonly known as server-side development, Back-end Development focuses on the engines powering the website or application responsible for storing and serving data by facilitating all user requests ensuring the proper functioning of Front-end elements.
Back-end Developers are accountable for managing everything a user can not see on the website.
The Back-end Developer focuses on databases, scripting, and website architecture by monitoring how they work, change, and update all the functionalities. The positions for the Back-end Developers are often called programmers or Web Developers.
What are the differences between a Front-end Developer or Back-end Developer?
A Front-end Developer and a Back-end Developer work differently and have distinct job roles. A few differences based on different protocols are as follows-
1. Programming Language
Back-end Developer – Java, PHP, Python, .Net, Ruby
Front-end Developer – AngularJS, ReatJS, jQuery, SASS, EmberJS
Back-end Developer – Django, Spring, Lavarel, Rails, Express
Front-end Developer –
- Design engaging solutions
- Design, Create, and Modify Web Pages
- Analyze the client-side performance of a webpage
- Pair Back-end technologies (Databases and Node.js) and developer tools (Bash, Git, and automated tests)
- Understanding collaboration of Software
Back-end Developer –
- Level up with Python and Django.
- Operate lists, sets, and dictionaries for algorithmic tasks
- Become proficient at interacting with databases and servers
- Identify and fix performance blockages in a web application.
- Ensuring security and smoothness of the web applications
4. Working Method
Front-end Developer – They ensure that the website is accessible to everyone and responds to all views (Mobile and Desktop).
Back-end Developer – They build and support applications around Front-end and ensure that the website functions appropriately.
What are the prerequisites for a Front-end Developer and a Back-end Developer?
There are no specific prerequisites for becoming a Front-end Developer or a Back-end Developer, but the mandatory ones are as follows-
- Available Certification Courses
- In-depth knowledge of Website prospects
- Understanding of User Experience and User Interface
- Basics of Coding language HTML and CSS
What are the responsibilities of a Front-end Developer and a Back-end Developer?
The responsibilities of a Web Developer are further distinguished based on Front-end Developer and Back-end Developer.
The Front-end Developers are responsible to:
- Thoroughly understand the Front-end programming languages
- Create a responsive design
- Test and Debug
- Understand Automation, Content Management Systems, Version Control Systems, APIs, and Frameworks
- Decide the layout and design a website
- Create features to improve the user experience
- Create a proportion between practical and aesthetic design
- Make the website mobile-friendly
- Create reusable codes
- Check the optimization of web pages
- Managing markup languages
The Back-end Developers are responsible to:
- Design solutions
- Understand Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) development and administration
- Develop data acceptance and storage solutions
- Report, Test, and Sustain product solutions for code-related issues
- Identify new features and communicate effectively with Developers, Designers, and System Administrators
- Creates the website architecture using Agile Scrum and Frameworks
- Organize the system
- Provide remedies to difficulties
- Debug and troubleshoot apps
What is the scope of Web Developing in the coming years?
Technology has wrapped the whole world in its arms, and there is no escaping from its realm. Therefore, one can easily claim that no individual can be left unaffected. With the rise in technology, everything is shifting to the online mode, and the demand for websites is increasing simultaneously. Hence, from big IT firm owners to small businesspeople, everyone require a Web Developer.
Choosing a career in Web Developing comes with several perks. A few of the career benefits are as follows-
- Job Flexibility
- Open to Skill Development
- Numerous Job Opportunities
- Creative Work Ethics
- Fun to Work
Technology is evolving, and so is the demand for IT employees. Therefore, every website requires a Web Developer. The scope of Web Development is extremely promising and magnificent.
What are the available job opportunities for a Front-end Developer and a Back-end Developer?
Well, a Web Developer can undoubtedly become a Software Engineer but suppose a candidate is only an expert in just one field of Web Development, then the following are the job prospects one can avail in the IT field-
The available job opportunities for a Front-end Developer are:
- Front-end Developer
- CSS/HTML Developer
- Front-end SEO Expert
- Full-Stack Developer
- UI Developer
- UX Designer
While the available job opportunities for a Back-end Developer are:
- Back-end Developer
- Java Developer
- Full-Stack Developer
- DevOps Engineer
- Software Engineer
- iOS Developer
- UX Architect
What is the salary of a Front-end Developer and a Back-end Developer?
A Web Developer can earn a salary package ranging from 1.2 LPA to 12 LPA. But, a Front-end Developer can earn from 0.8 LPA to 6 LPA, while a Back-end Developer can earn from 0.8 LPA to 8 LPA. The salary keeps on increasing depending upon the experience one holds.
Which is beneficial- Front-end Web Developing OR Back-end Web Developing?
Under the domain of Web Development, it depends upon the choice of interest of the candidate to opt for either a Front-end Developer course to design or a Back-end Developer course to manage APIs and servers, as both are equally beneficial in their place.
Web Developing is in high demand these days, and so are Web Developers. Therefore, making a career in it is a wise decision. It does not matter whether you are a Front-end Developer, a Back-end Developer, or an expert in both methods; you are still in demand. Both are excellent at their place of delivery. Consequently, Web Developing has styled the tech world and will continue to upgrade, wherefore the requirement for Web Developers will never fall short.
Enroll today to become a skilled Web Developer and earn huge in the IT industry. For additional details regarding Web Developing, please feel free to contact us. Good Luck!
NOTE: Get a FREE PYTHON PROJECT FOR NETWORK ENGINEERS Certification Course worth INR 4999 and learn the best in the domain directly from experienced Engineers.