Difference between EIGRP and OSPF.
Today I am going to write about the Difference between EIGRP and OSPF, One of the questions I have seen asked in the CCNA, CCNP interview.
What is the Difference between EIGRP and OSPF?
So first you should know the basics after that the main answer will come.
- Eigrp stands for Enhanced interior gateway routing protocol
- It uses dual ( diffuse update algorithm ) for reliability and choosing backup paths
- It is a Hybrid Protocol which is also known as? Advance distance vector protocol ( Combination of Distance Vector & Link state protocols )
- Administrative distance = internal (90) external (170) ( External Routes when the routes Redistributed in EIGRP it shows ad value 170 in Routing table )
- Eigrp is now an open standard, Cisco Made it open standard in Year 2013.
There any many things which are in the basics of EIGRP.
- OSPF stands for Open Shortest Path First
- It?s a link state protocol
- It uses SPF (shortest path first) ?Hello 10 sec’s hold down timer 40 sec’s Dijkstra’s algorithm
- Metric is cost (cost=10 ^8/B.W.)
- Administrative distance is 110
- Mostly used in Interior gateway protocols.
- Both are? classless routing protocol
- Both supports VLSM and CIDR
- Both Open Standard
- Supports Authentication
- Faster convergence
- Trigger/Incremental updates
Unequal load balancing means if you have two paths going to the same destination with different Cost you can also use the high-cost way.
We provide CCNA Online Training in USA?too.