SOME BASIC THINGS BEFORE STARTING CCNA !
ping :– packet internet gopher it uses icmp ( internet control message protocol)? protocol For verification the other device is reachable to me or not?? ipconfig :– to check the ip address of a computer ipconfig /all :– to check the ip address + mac address getmac :-? to check the mac address of a computer ?netstat :– to check the session’s nslookup :– to check the all servers of a website arp -a? :– to check arp table arp ?d :– to delete arp table ( run as administrator) ? TO check public ip ? Visit :– www.whatismyipaddress.com? to check your public ip ??????????? ? To assign address to your PC ? 1.windows button +? R??? 2. type? ?ncpa.cpl? to go to your network connections 3 choose your lan adapter and go to properties and click on IPV4 HUB
- ALWAYS do Broadcast
- Layer 1 device
- Shared bandwidth
- Less no of ports
- Doesn?t learn mac address?
- which connects two or more computers together
- Many no of ports
- Learn mac address
- Two types of switch :-
- Manageble switch and unmanageable switch
- Layer 2 devices, datalink layer ( mac address )
- It is an internetworking device used to connect two or more different networks
- It works on layer 3 i.e. network layer
- It Performs Routing
Related articles across the web
- Network Basics: The Definition of a Static IP Address
- Why are ARP queries sent in a broadcast frame? Why is the response sent with a specific destination MAC address?
- Understanding Public IP Addresses
- Layer 2 ARP spoofing attack